Friday, April 3, 2009

Night Messengers

Rush, rush

Rush, rush

The lights go out

The pattering of cat’s feet

The steady beat of owls wings

I hear them

I feel them

I join them

I fly out to infinity

Rush, rush

Rush, rush

Walk on the paws of the leopard

Through the whispering rainforest

Soar on the wings of the eagle

Over the howling canyon

Fall on the wings of the falcon

Past the skyscrapers screaming mouths

A black hush falls

There here

Scurry away with the mice

A steady beat pulses me

I fall off the edge

Landing as a rat

I creep through a sea of gavels

“SMASH” with the power

Of a thousand blows

an amoeba

I fall through a crack

To be absorbed by as single drop of rain

I fall to the earth and land

As the gush of water that wakes me up

No comments:

Post a Comment