Empty.
In the epitimy of darkness I walk alone.
My broken wings only there to catch and drag me back.
I see a light. Glowing faintly.
It is a light of warmth
of happiness.
Of pain.
Darkness closes in.
I stumble around blinded.
Each broken moment, figments of a memory.
I stand only to be knocked down again, each time broken further.
Lies, deceit, obstructions,
Each marker stopping me from gaining freedom.
I see the lock that binds me. but no key.
I look away to see my key but look back to see no lock.
I am tossed around by the ebbing flow of my shell
Nothing left to save me now.
Somebody come to catch my everbroken body.
Somebody go to retrieve my broken soul.
I leave it.
black surrounds me. I stand waiting the twilight of youth.
Each moment ticks by but no clock
This is the moment of my journey.
I hear a bird. Mocking, chanting, singing through its bars.
I feel the cold surround me, winter closes in on my gray soul.
I walk to the west. The white snow ever blowing,
Each moment passes.
Till the white embrace of deaths cold hands beckons me.
I walk further till the frost claims my ears.
Falling down into the raining of snakes.
Their reptilian scales crawl over me, around me, into me
I scream but no sound.
I run, trip, scream, bleed. And stop
I turn to run back.
Back to the happiness from whence I came.
It is gone, my path fallen
A cliff stands in my way.
I turn back determined to fight.
Cliff.
I am on a pillar.
Singular.
Nothing and No one can see me
I jump.
I try to fly as I had once soared with the birds
But broken wings carry me down.
Nothing left to save me now.
This is my fate.
This is my chosen path.
And this is what I shall receive.

No comments:
Post a Comment